Business Analyst Intern at Shell
Founded over a century ago, Shell‘s primary goal is to be the world’s most competitive and innovative energy company. We seek to grow as an integrated energy company by producing industry leading performance from our core businesses, while developing our growth pipelines and discovering future opportunities. During my time at Shell, I worked with a team to support and manage a new IT platform for crude and refined trading in North America. This platform was designed to provide integrated, end to end trading and risk management solutions for crude trading and enhance asset integrity, competitive advantage, and future growth.
As an intern with Shell, I primarily worked in a business analyst role, managing process improvements and augmenting our resource leveling capabilities and techniques. During my internship, I
- Constructed an automated capacity planning spreadsheet to calculate the working capacity of a multinational Shell dev. team based on designated capacity assumptions, timeframes, etc.
- Accelerated the new hire ramp-up time by 1 week across multiple business functions by communicating with key stakeholders to build 2 specialized onboarding plans.
- Automated 5 processes through the development of 5 VBA programs that reduced costs by $12,550
- Initiated and managed the deployment of an application support web form for business user issues and requests that will save 150+ hours over the next 3 months.
- Collaborated with the Release Management Lead to construct 5 Gantt charts for presentation to senior management.